Wherefore Art Thou Meaning?

"Wherefore Art Thou Meaning?" Many times while reading Shakespeare this is the main question on my mind. Through my own pondering & writing and hopefully some comments from others, I hope to find some answers.

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Quiet Rain

Calming the raging water,
trying not to drown,
fighting the inevitable,
will not be dragged down.

Dark skies overhead,
another sleepless night,
when I lay down my head,
eyes, closed-shut tight.

Fighting tears, roaring down,
pouring down my face,
to others they make not one sound,
but leave the slightest trace.

This love that she cannot contain,
overwhelming her pounding heart;
but from revealing it, she must refrain.
She can only do her part.

Silently, she must go on,
hoping for the best,
waiting for the coming dawn,
enduring this trying test.

No comments:

Post a Comment