Wherefore Art Thou Meaning?

"Wherefore Art Thou Meaning?" Many times while reading Shakespeare this is the main question on my mind. Through my own pondering & writing and hopefully some comments from others, I hope to find some answers.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Puppets Controlling Other Puppets.....People Controlling Other People....


I have been trying to figure out how to get my idea of control by men over Ophelia's thoughts and actions in the play Hamlet and the idea of the controlled structure of the research paper to connect in some creative way.  My ideas led me to thinking of a way to create a puppet show, where the feeling of control and manipulation could really come through.  To really make my idea work, I was going to need a marionette to illustrate the idea of cutting the strings of control in order to experience freedom of movement and thinking.  However, trying to get a marionette to control another marionette seemed quite difficult.  This led me to the idea of making a hand puppet to control the marionette.  I have almost all of my supplies gathered to get started and will hopefully have the puppets finished tonight.  I have contacted two puppeteers telling them a bit about my idea and asking for any advice they may have for me.  We will see what happens, and I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment